Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10 inches off


Last weekend I decided to cut my hair off. 10 inches to be exact.


Friday I was talking to some coworkers at lunch about donating hair to Locks of Love to make wigs for children sick with cancer or other diseases that cause them to lose their hair. I have donated my hair twice before (in 2004 and 2006 - April of both years) so I decided it was time to do it again. It has to be at least 10 inches and I had a least that much. I don't get my hair cut very often, so I had to find a salon to use. A friend said she had found a place to do it for free since she was donating it. I got out the phone book and started calling different salons, explaining what I was doing and asking if they would be willing to cut my hair for free or for a discounted price. I found a lady at Hightower Studios in Las Colinas that offered to do it for free! Yay!

She cut it a little shorter than I had hoped, but in about 6 weeks, it will be just about where I wanted it. Just in time for summer. Now all I have to do is send it off...

If you are interested in learning more about donating hair, go to www.locksoflove.org.





No comments: