Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's Finally Done

Back in August, I started working on my first quilt. It's not my first quilt ever, but it is the first one I've made that I'm keeping for myself!


I've made baby quilts for friends and siblings when they have had babies; I've given one as a wedding gift; and one as a Christmas/birthday present to my mom. I try to make one with my students each year - I guess you could consider those mine, but I keep them on display in my classroom and on occasion on display in the hallways.



Quilt for one of the Woods twins



Quilt for my nephew Pierce


2007 - 08 Class Quilt "Walking My Way to the Future..."


This quilt was made completely for me. I picked the colors for me. I picked the pattern for me. I bled for it, and it's finally done. It's only a lap quilt, but I can curl up in my chair and watch a movie or read a book beneath it. I look forward to it - the colors are just right for this time of year!



My whole quilt - Autumn Day


A close up of my initials and year


Now I can begin work on my next quilting project - I'm seeing black, white and red...

3 comments:

Bethe said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
I also really like the teal/brown one... so fun!

Laura said...

WOW! THat's amazing! Congrats on a job well done!

Kim said...

Wow! These are so pretty! I had no idea you quilted! Nice hidden talent there!